Long Island Contractors Insurance
Superior craftsmanship is a hallmark of the contractors we have encountered in our 50 years offering business insurance on Long Island. We have yet to meet a contractor who doesn’t take great pride in every detail of his work. Whether you are a remodeler focused on vacation home renovations in the Hamptons or an artisan contractor whose specialty takes you all across Long Island, we are here to help you find contractors insurance protection you need.
General contractors and subcontractors alike look to James F. Sutton Agency for:
- Knowledgeable insurance consultations
- Tailored insurance solutions
- Responsive customer service and fair claims
- Immediate surety bonds and certificates
- Local Long Island business perspective
Work with us and discover that we are committed to providing solid protection and reviewing your business insurance coverage regularly. While some insurance agents are content to sell a simple business owners policy (BOP) and call it done, we have longstanding relationships with insurance companies and can tailor your coverage. We know contractors insurance simply is not one size fits all.
Types of Insurance for Contractors
We take the time to understand your line of work and help you select from a wide range of contractors insurance solutions:
- Property insurance: Whether you work out of an office or your contractor van, count on the Sutton Agency to help you protect your business property, including tools and equipment, with proper insurance.
- Builders risk: This is a form of property insurance designed to cover against damage from fire, vandalism, severe weather or other unforeseen events that may occurs during construction. As the value of the finished building grows, so too does the coverage.
- Surety bonds and equipment floaters: Sometimes the most important tools for the job are the certificates and surety bonds required before you can get to work. Count on our East Islip office staff to provide necessary paperwork promptly. We will also help you determine what coverage may be necessary for the equipment and tools you use.
- General liability insurance: Liability insurance can protect your construction business in the event that someone files a lawsuit against you for property damage or injury. It will cover injuries to non-employees and damage to property you don’t own. The protection would include defense costs, if necessary, up to the policy limits.
- Commercial vehicles: There are many reasons the state of New York requires all drivers to properly insure their vehicles. Don’t put yourself or your business at risk by neglecting to insure your work truck or contractors van. Some artisan contractors may think they are covered by personal auto insurance, but it is likely not enough. Rely on our experienced auto insurance agents to help you protect your commercial vehicle.
- Workers comp: The risks you face on the job are many, and we can help you protect yourself with workers comp in the event someone in your shop is injured or becomes ill at a construction site. New York workers compensation insurance may be required if you employ even one person in your construction business.
In this uncertain economy, turn to independent insurance agents you can trust for a full line of financial services. The James Sutton Agency can help you with individual retirement savings plans as well as college planning and life insurance for your family.
Long Island Contractors Count on Sutton
Contractors in all the trades, from roofers, plumbers and electricians to landscapers, pool contractors and drywall installers, trust James F. Sutton for their contractors insurance. Contact our experienced independent agents for a competitive quote today. If you have employees, we will be happy to provide information on group plans and benefits as well.